Package travel rights
Key rights under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 (applicable to bookings made in the UK and European Union)
• You will receive all essential information about the tour before concluding the package travel contract.
• There is always at least one trader who is liable for the proper performance of all the travel services included in the contract.
• You will be given an emergency number or details of a contact point where you can get in touch with the organiser or travel agent.
• You may transfer the package to another person, on reasonable notice and subject to additional costs.
• The price of the tour may only be increased if specific costs rise (for instance fuel prices), as expressly provided for in the contract, and in any event not later than 20 days before the start of the tour. If the price increase exceeds 8% of the price of the tour, you may terminate the contract. You have a right to a price reduction if there is a decrease in the relevant costs.
• You may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee and get a full refund of any payments if any of the essential elements of the package, other than the price, are changed significantly. If before the start of the tour the trader responsible for the package cancels the tour, you are entitled to a refund and compensation where appropriate.
• You may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee before the start of the tour in the event of exceptional circumstances, for instance if there are serious security problems at the destination which are likely to affect the tour
• Additionally, you may at any time before the start of the tour terminate the contract in return for an appropriate and justifiable termination fee. If, after the start of the tour, significant elements of the tour cannot be provided as agreed, suitable alternative arrangements will be offered to you at no extra cost. You may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee, where services are not performed in accordance with the contract and this substantially affects the performance of the tour and the organiser fails to remedy the problem.
• You are also entitled to a price reduction or compensation for damages or both where the travel services are not performed or are improperly performed.
• The organiser has to provide assistance if you are in difficulty.
• If the organiser or the retailer becomes insolvent, payments will be refunded. If the organiser or, where applicable, the retailer becomes insolvent after the start of the tour and if transport is included in the tour, your repatriation is secured. We provide financial security for tours not including flights or pre and post accommodation by way of bonding with ABTA. You may contact this entity if services are denied because of our insolvency.